Friday, May 16, 2008

MYANMAR AND CHINA WARY OF HANDOUTS

I've received a few emails lately soliciting donations to help out the folks devastated in China and Myanmar.  Seem's everywhere you look lately there's a button, banner or link asking for cash to help out.  If these disasters had happened in America we would have had at least five men in the business of religion explaining to us that it was punishment from G-D for our foreign policy and the rest would have been lined up to blame President Bush.

But our Asian friends don't want our help.  And I for one, don't care.

Sure the images of the women and children lying dead in the streets, horribly mutilated are disturbing, the images of women and children crying from loss of a loved ones or hunger tears me up inside.  But if their governments don't want out help, I wish them luck, turn, and walk away, we've got our own problems.

If I could I would personally go over and do everything I could, as humans we are naturally compassionate creatures, but last time I checked, China was flush with money and Myanmar has something so horrible to hide they don't want the outside world to see it, they are willing to let their citizenry perish.  I choose not to beat myself up about it.

This is the point I would like to make from all of this.

Liberals, generational welfare families and those who feel America is so horrible, look to China and Myanmar.  See what a horrible regime really looks like.  Next time you feel like complaining, shut up.  And.  Where's the aid and money when a disaster happens on American soil?

Baldilocks has a breakdown of who's helping.